What is RFID?
RFID stands for Radio Frequency IDentification, it refers to a small chip with an antenna in small electronic devices (like your credit card). The card must be scanned to retrieve the identifying information.
Data fraud is a real concern these days, especially with the ease at which fraudsters can skim contactless credit cards. In fact, all you need is a simple free app (which is completely legal!) to be able to harvest personal card information.¹
If you are thinking about your next promotional gift, why not consider an anti-skimming item? They are practical and useful promotional products which will show you care about your clients safety.
Here are a couple of anti-skimming promotional product ideas:
- Steel reinforced combination lock
- Hidden card pockets on the back and shoulder straps with RFID protection
- Side water bottle pocket
- Padded compartments for laptop or tablet
- Strong 3M self-adhesive backing
- Stick straight to the back of your phone or case
- As Lycra can stretch this can also act as a pocket to store other items such as a charging cable or earphones
- 96 standard colours available