What is RFID?
RFID stands for Radio Frequency IDentification, it refers to a small chip with an antenna in small electronic devices (like your credit card). The card must be scanned to retrieve the identifying information.
Data fraud is a real concern these days, especially with the ease at which fraudsters can skim contactless credit cards. In fact, all you need is a simple free app (which is completely legal!) to be able to harvest personal card information.¹
If you are thinking about your next promotional gift, why not consider an anti-skimming item? They are practical and useful promotional products which will show you care about your clients safety.
Here are a couple of anti-skimming promotional product ideas:
- Steel reinforced combination lock
- Hidden card pockets on the back and shoulder straps with RFID protection
- Side water bottle pocket
- Padded compartments for laptop or tablet
- Strong 3M self-adhesive backing
- Stick straight to the back of your phone or case
- As Lycra can stretch this can also act as a pocket to store other items such as a charging cable or earphones
- 96 standard colours available
If you want to keep up to date with the latest marketing tips, advice and our promotional product suggestions, why not sign up to our email mailing list?